The best summer menu is the menu with strawberries. Add this gorgeous berry to your daily meals and enjoy new flavors. Here, you can see my first recipe - Eclairs with caramel topping cream and strawberries.
This recipe was my must-have this week! I really like to buy, smell, cook strawberries. Their texture is so soft and nice. I decided to cook different meals with strawberries. More than that, the whole month is going to be the Strawberry month!
- 3 oz (75 g) butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup caramel
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tbl white sugar
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- Make basic choux pastry: Combine butter and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until butter has melted and mixture just starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add flour (spoon by spoon). Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture comes away from side of pan and forms a ball. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Reserve 2 teaspoons egg. Using a wooden spoon, gradually beat in remaining egg until well combined and mixture forms a glossy dough (mixture should drop from the spoon).
- Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle. Pipe long logs onto prepared trays. Brush with reserved egg.
- Heat the oven to 200°C (392 F).
- Bake tray of eclairs for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 170°C/160°C(338-320 F) fan-forced. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed. Cool on tray.
- Blend sour cream, caramel, sugar in a blender.
- Tip:You will get a nice textured cream, if you blend all ingredients together for 1 minute in a blender.
- Spoon cream into a piping bag fitted with a small fluted nozzle. Pipe cream evenly over eclair bases. Spread tops with cream, too. Decorate with strawberries.